Enhance Your Homeschool – Creative Learning techniques can make a world of difference! Let’s face it, homeschooling isn’t easy, but it certainly can be fun.
Whether you are new to homeschool or an old pro – the truth of the matter is, we all get into ruts. The exciting news is that with a few simple tips and ideas, you can enhance your homeschool any time at all.
Enhance your homeschool with easy ideas and tools you most likely have available at home! Creative teaching methods don’t need to be difficult in order to be effective.
Inspire Students – Enhance Your Homeschool
- Change location! Take your homeschool outside to the yard, the park, or even a different room in the house. Often, changing location can completely reset the atmosphere on a bad day.
- Start again . . . don’t be afraid to call a “do-over”. If the day isn’t going well, send everyone back to their rooms for a little quiet time. Have your tea, read your bible, and turn on some praise music. Then, call them back out and pretend it’s the start of a new day! They may giggle at your silliness, but the change will be a welcome relief for you all.
- Read out loud together using Living Books – textbooks can offer value as well, but children soak up a good from a book and don’t even realize they are having school!
- ASK kids what they WANT to learn about. Crazy, I know. But, when you show your children that you care about what they want to learn, maybe even write it down, they are more willing to listen as you explain what you need to cover. Partner together as you plan the week.
- Give them ownership. If you are asking them what they want to learn, and involving them in the planning – you’re already a step ahead. Offer them a checklist, planner, or simple calendar they can decorate and track their work. Let them take the wheel as much as possible in owning the responsibility and they’ll learn to take pride in their work. Start young with chore charts and star stickers!
- Step away from the desk. Real learning often takes place in the kitchen, yard, park, field trips, or walking around the neighborhood. Talk about the books you’re reading, watch and discuss educational videos, cook recipes from the places you’re studying. Do art in the yard (it’s less messy). Do math in the driveway with chalk. Write on sliding glass doors or windows with dry erase markers.
- Incorporate simple tools into your lessons. Taking a walk? Have kids throw on a backpack with a nature journal, colored pencils, binoculars, measuring tape (for trees, leaves, measuring between paw prints – whatever), magnifying glass, and a field guide. Suddenly, they are REAL explorers and scientists collecting data! Check out our brand new and exciting 2018 Adventure Packs HERE
- Create rich learning spaces. Set up a tray full of seashells, weeds from the yard, or dried bugs. (I know it sounds gross – but they love it) Add magnifying glasses, tweezers, bug viewers to make it really fun. Use notebooking pages or journal to make it super educational as they gather scientific data!
- Ask open ended questions. The great new is . . . you don’t have to know the answers! Seriously. Let them expound on those opinions, thoughts, and hypothesis. Jot down observations, sketch pictures, write down questions and thoughts, and you can research together later to learn more.
- Use fun themed notebooking pages to inspire creative learning. Allow students to draw, write at their own level, and even dictate a few sentences as needed. Write rhyming words, observations, descriptions, and facts on the pages. The more often you have them practice this technique, the better they will get. Don’t worry about correcting them initially. That can come later, if needed. They can also copy passages from quality pieces of literature and poetry. *EVEN STUDENTS WITH DYSLEXIA & WHO HATE TO WRITE WILL BENEFIT – just do a little at a time every day!
- Use or create Unit Studies based on topics your students love to inspire a love of learning. Choose any topic, gather a few resources (books from the library or at home, google it, search Pinterest for fun activities and before you know it – you’ll have a ton of ideas.
Enhance Your Homeschool – Giveaway
Enter to win Unit Studies, Adventure Gear & more! Use one entry or use them all. Must be 18. Sponsor of prizes will contact you via email newsletter. Physical prizes can be sent to US residents only. Full disclosure in rafflecopter.
Win tools to enhance your homeschool with creative learning!
- 12 Unit Studies for a Year of Creative Learning (used once – twice per week) Value is $119.88 – $9.99 Each
- Deluxe Fossil Kit – Value $57
- Seashell Kit – Value $18.99
- Owl Pellet Kit – Value $18.99
- & Much More! Total Value $251.85
Must be 18 years old. I’m sorry, we are only able to ship to United States at this time. See additional details and disclosure inside rafflecopter. You are joining our newsletter by entering the giveaway. Unsubscribe at any time if our occasional emails are not of value to you.
Go HERE to Join our free Facebook group to get access to the best homeschool deals, tips, and ideas to make this the best year ever! Disclosure: We use affiliate links. If you make a purchase with our links, we may receive a small profit, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your loyalty. Your support helps us maintain the site.