Easy Ideas Eclipse 2017 Inspired Learning – let’s face it! We’re busy people. If your list is looking anything like mine, you don’t have time for complicated planning. Yet, the Eclipse 2017 is an educational opportunity that homeschool families, like ours, shouldn’t miss out on. These easy ideas Eclipse 2017 should help you inspire a love for learning.
I thought about calling this article “The Busy Mom’s Guide to Eclipse 2017” but decided that was a bit dramatic. When I go to search for ideas to inspire our three boys, I need simple, easy, affordable projects and activities that I can ACTUALLY pull off!
I hope these ideas will inspire you to dig into this opportunity with your kids. It’s not too late. You can spend the rest of the month mulling through the various educational materials and learning more.
Easy Ideas Eclipse 2017 Inspired Learning
Effective education can often be the simplest and using life events, holidays and nature to inspire learning is an easy idea that works!
- Mapping skills – download this free Eclipse 2017 map from our friends at NASA
- Interactive Map – check your best Eclipse 2017 viewing time
- More Mapping and Geography – Check out the interactive map here
- Easy Science Project with Apps – download the iNaturalist app on iTunes here or Google Play here and get involved in the collection of scientific data for science and learn about others who are doing the same. Join the Life Responds group to interact, upload your data, and learn from others – taking your kids through the scientific method, teaching them to make and record valuable data through observation, and more . . . .
- Read – What is the Black Moon Eclipse?
- What is a Solar Eclipse? Watch the video by National Geographic
- Watch the question and answer live video from Oregon with experts on site.
- Make a pinhole projector. See the easy science craft here
- Virtual tour of the solar system – interactive learning tool here
- Throw a family party! Use a star cookie cutter for solar inspired cheese sliced, grapes for alien heads, and put solar system stickers on popsicle sticks and stick them into blue icing cupcakes or use chocolate icing and add yellow and red food coloring to white icing pipped onto cupcakes or cookies for Eclipse 2017 snacks. Download the free pack below and use the planet pictures to decorate your cupcakes! Print on cardstock or heavy paper for best results.
- Craft – make galaxy dough, galaxy slime,
Free Pack – Eclipse 2017 Inspired Learning
Join our newsletter to get your immediate free download. We protect your information. If you do not find our occasional email to be useful to your homeschool – simply unsubscribe with the click of a button.
17 Page Eclipse Inspired Learning Pack – Immediate Download
Books for more Eclipse 2017 Inspired Learning
- Child's Introduction to the Night Sky: The Story of the Stars, Planets, and Constellations--and How You Can Find Them in the Sky by Michael Driscoll, Meredith Hamilton
2. The Everything Kids' Astronomy Book: Blast into outer space with stellar facts, intergalactic trivia, and out-of-this-world puzzles by Kathi Wagner, Sheryl Racine
3. What Happens During An Eclipse? Astronomy Book Best Sellers | Children's Astronomy Books
4. The Night Sky: A Glow-in-the-Dark Guide to Prominent Stars & Constellations North of the Equator (Sky Watcher Guide) – by James Kavanagh, Raymond Leung
5. National Geographic Kids First Big Book of Space (National Geographic Little Kids First Big Books)
6. DK Eyewitness Books: Astronomy Hardcover – by Kristen Lippincott
Coloring, Activity Books, and more Eclipse 2017 Inspired Learning