Simple Ways to Love your Spouse
Ideas you can Implement Today – Simple Ways to Love Your Spouse
- Find one thing each day to appreciate in your spouse (repetition is ok – the point is to take time each day to focus on the good and be thankful for what you have)
- Thank God for these qualities in your spouse as you pray for him
- Tell him – share what you are thankful for & what you appreciate
- Send a quick text, “Thank you for . . . . fill in the blank“
- Cook a favorite meal and place a little love note at his place
- Put a note in his lunch or briefcase
- Call and leave a sweet message
- Text him a “Thinking of you” note
- Start a gratitude journal to track qualities you are thankful for in your marriage and home
- Start a tradition of sharing daily or weekly notes/texts/or emails saying, “I’m thankful for . . . OR . . . I’d marry you again because . . . “
Words are powerful. simple ways to love your spouse
Life is busy & sometimes difficult. Especially if stress has managed to come between you – implementing some of these ideas can make a real difference. Staying focused on the things you appreciate (no matter how small) will help you think and feel more positively about your spouse. It becomes reflected in the way you speak, look and react to you spouse.
Words of affirmation are a powerful way to speak love and to strengthen your marriage! Do you appreciate his hard work – the way he plays with the kids? Is he helpful at dinner time or stopping at the store? You can appreciate the big things (which are always more obvious) but in day to day life – it helps to focus on the little things which make a difference.
Perhaps your spouse is handy around the house – or always handles car maintenance. Maybe you can take time to appreciate a spouse who always mows the lawn. If you appreciate the way your spouse is willing to help others, volunteers at church, or has a kind heart – take the time to be thankful for the good.
You may find that focusing on the good will go a long ways in helping to minimize stress, improve communication and strengthen your relationship.
simple ways to love your spouse
Books my husband and I recommend from our friends – Ed and Lisa Young. They are a fine example of what a godly marriage is supposed to be. They write from the heart and from the Word of God.
love your marriage giveaway for valentines