Nature Study Books for Kinesthetic and Dyslexic Learning – these are some terrific resources to help your active & dyslexic children want to learn. Nature in all its’ beauty, intricate details, creepy, crawly, fast, slippery, amazing creatures is one of the best ways I know to help kinesthetic kids to get out and learn – and to inspire those with dyslexia – or any child. God’s creation is a powerful attention grabber indeed!
Nature Study Books for Kinesthetic and Dyslexic Learning
One of the most difficult parts of teaching my dyslexic/ kinesthetic learner is overcoming frustrations. Because his brain is wired differently, reading in always a chore for him. ALWAYS.
It can be extremely challenging to get him interested in reading because – for him – it is simply HARD WORK! This fact is not going to change for us any time real soon (if ever). But, I’ve come up with ways and done a lot of research to discover ideas to help overcome such discouragement.
- Rule number one – find topics he loves (nature, wildlife, birds, survival – free animal notebooking pages here)
- Choose easy reader options – back to the basics for reading practice – I use beginning and early readers for daily reading practice
- Offer more age appropriate stories and literature in audio format – I read aloud, have him read a paragraph and I read the rest of the geography or history lesson & then use audio books for additional literature and stories he enjoys
- Use electronics to up the interest factor vs. all traditional books – Kindle books -lots of free options available and affordable which can be read on computer or tablet (GO HERE for 40 Free books of adventure – many with $0.99 – $2.99 audio)
- Include journaling, doodling, drawing with reading/writing – this really makes a difference because it activates both the left and right sides of the brain and gives him extra brain power to help with reading! (read more about that and get free doodling pack here)
nature study books
FREE Kindle App
Nature Study Books for Kinesthetic and Dyslexic Learners
Nature Study Books for Kinesthetic and Dyslexic Learners Nature Study Books for Kinesthetic and Dyslexic Learning
Nature Study Books
FREEBIE – Nature Activity
Enter your email for our newsletter and go immediately to the download page to print these Nature Activity Cards (A – K) to use on your homeschool nature walks. Place them on a metal ring to reference flora and fauna you have in your area or that you’ve learned about.
Enter your email for our newsletter and you will be directed immediately to the download page. We protect your information & you may unsubscribe at any time.
Nature Study Books
Nature Study Books for Kinesthetic and Dyslexic Learners Nature Study Books for Kinesthetic and Dyslexic Learners
Go HERE to Join our free Facebook group to get access to the best homeschool deals, tips, and ideas to make this the best year ever! Disclosure: We use affiliate links. If you make a purchase with our links, we may receive a small profit, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your loyalty. Your support helps us maintain the site.