Educational Benefits of Valentines Exchange -FREE Printables Pack
We rush around to bake the cookies, put together the candy treats, even hang decorations. We make Valentines boxes, treat bags, cards and gifts to show our little love bugs how much we care. But, there are actually some terrific educational benefits of Valentines exchange!
We know Valentines are fun, but what exactly are the educational benefits of Valentines exchange?
- Making Valentines helps to develop fine motor skills (cutting, folding)
- Valentines offer a fun way for children to practice writing their names, short greetings, and/or letter writing skills.
- Practice social graces at parties with friends or family
- Group cooperation and/or working and playing well with others
- Introduction to various artistic mediums – offer pencils, crayons, paint, glitter . . . be creative!
- Writing & letter recognition
- Beginning sounds and ending sounds (lots of fun rhyming Valentines)
- Counting practice
- Shapes practice
- Following directions
- History of Valentines Day (be careful to research carefully) 🙂
- Science/ History of how Chocolate is made!
3 FREE Valentines Printable Packs
Join our newsletter. We protect your information and you may unsubscribe if you feel our occasional emails are no longer beneficial for your homeschool. You will be directed immediately to the download page.
Go HERE to Join our free Facebook group to get access to the best homeschool deals, tips, and ideas to make this the best year ever! Disclosure: We use affiliate links. If you make a purchase with our links, we may receive a small profit, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your loyalty. Your support helps us maintain the site.