Geography Fun with Play Passports
I created these simple passports which we have laminated. Whether we are studying a state or a country – we stamp our passports to begin our virtual travel journey.
To add our stamps to the passports – we use a simple sticker maker. I print the stamps, trim them and put them through the machine. The boys enjoy adding the stickers and stamps to their passports and it sets the tone for a fun virtual journey into new lands.
We don’t stop there! There are several steps we take for each state or country study that we do. AND – each includes, reading, writing, critical thinking, history, geography & more. It’s a terrific way to knock out several subjects at once, teach the kids all together, and makes the experience both memorable and fun.
With these simple steps and resources – you can turn any ordinary school day into an exciting homeschool adventure! With just a bit of imagination and minimal research via google search – you can use geography to explore new lands . . . right from home.
- Print passports, laminate
- Print stickers & stamps, trim
- Put stickers & stamps through sticker maker OR use glue to attach
- Print Geography notebooking page to add to our homeschool binder
- Use our globe, map, or atlas to look up the region – country- or state (we always discuss where it is in relation to where we live and to other areas we have studied, each child looks it up and locates it so they are getting real map practice)
- We read geography & cultural information about the country or state in our atlas & look it up online & in books.
- We incorporate history from the area (highlights or most important historical information)
- Dive in to the culture: ideas include putting together simple costumes from items we have on hand, RECIPES – we most always make a meal from the region of study, it’s also a great time to discuss what we’ve been learning. We use a couple of books and resources for the recipes. Eat Your Way Around the World, & Eat Your Way Through the USA.
- Incorporate art & hands on projects: we always incorporate some sort of art into our learning experience. God created us in His image – and He is the Ultimate Creative Being! I’ve found that it makes a real difference, and the kids are left with projects they are proud of. We use Geography Through Art, Lincoln Log Building, LEGO’s, and these awesome wooden planks that allow us to build limitless historical & geographic icons. We often use Sculpey clay to create like this “Lewis & Clark” project.
I hope you can put some of these ideas and resources to good use – but most of all, I hope that you will take the opportunity to embark on a creative adventure in your family homeschool. Make it fun, shape it and mold it to work for your family . . . embrace and enjoy the homeschool lifestyle.
We use the pretend passports as we explore new lands and cultures in our family homeschool. I’ve created Wildlife Adventures Unit Studies to share with you the way we combine subjects and teach all the boys together. We explore new lands, animals, bible, history, language arts, creative hands on learning and more. On SALE NOW! 50% off for Back to Homeschool:
Geography Kit- Play Passport, Passport Stamps, Country Stickers, & Geography Notebooking Page
Enter your email for our newsletter to download these pages immediately! Single opt-in, no confirmation just enter & click to download now. We will never sell your contact info!
More Geography Fun Tools
Go HERE to Join our free Facebook group to get access to the best homeschool deals, tips, and ideas to make this the best year ever! Disclosure: We use affiliate links. If you make a purchase with our links, we may receive a small profit, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your loyalty. Your support helps us maintain the site.