All month long through October, we are discussing and sharing Creative Homeschooling ideas, tools and information. You can see all the posts HERE .
You can read about WHY I believe so strongly in the importance of using creativity in teaching and in everyday life HERE.
Creative Homeschooling with the Seasons
Today’s topic is Creative Homeschooling with the Seasons. Throughout this series, we’ve looked at all sorts of ideas and different techniques and tools to use in teaching your students. The seasons are another way to factor in some learning fun, to inspire creativity and to use as a jumping off point for your homeschool lessons.
The way I factor this in is pretty simple – I use the themes of the season to enjoy fun field trips, worksheets for math fact practice and writing topics as well as inspiring science, even history can be studied using the seasons as a base or theme.
Spring is a time to get outdoors as much as possible. Sit in the sunshine and read out loud, head for the park to meet up with other homeschoolers and enjoy the milder weather.
- Make a weathervane
- Egg Carton Flowers
- Make a Pine cone Bird Feeder
- Seeds of Learning – Spring Lesson Plans
- Spring Multiply and Divide
- Beautiful Spring Notebooking Pages
Summer brings visions of sand castles and time at the pool, but it can also be a terrific time to sneak in a bit of learning – and make it perfectly painless! Use the summer theme to inspire loads of fun with some of these ideas.
- Homeschooling Summer – Sea Creature Diorama
- Tadpoles to Frogs – FREE Lifecycle Lesson
- Jellyfish Printables
- Sea Turtles Lifecycle Printable Pack
- Watermelon – South Africa Study Freebie
- Backyard Birds and Wildlife Notebooking Pages
- National Lighthouse Day
- Sea Creature Preschool Printable Pack
Fall teaching resources and ideas include plenty of both indoor and outdoor ideas to get kids excited about learning.
- Fall learning Activities
- Fall Fun Educational Ideas – math and more hands on learning
- Thanksgiving Multiplication Drill Pack
- Pilgrim Skip Counting
- Gratitude Journal
- Apple Math Addition
Homeschooling with the seasons in winter can take you many different directions. Several ideas to consider:
- Growing Crystals – Snowflake Science Fun
- Snowflake Dyslexia Printables Kit
- Learn the Hymns and Carols of Christmas – good old fashioned songs to sing and practice handwriting or copywork!
- Winter Solstice Lesson Plans
- Winter Weather Watch
- Olympics Teachers Tool Kit
- Christmas Coloring Math
- Real Christmas – Preschool Printable Pack
New Pumpkin Math Free Preschool Pack
Numbers 1-10 with BONUS >Greater than Less than< Pumpkin Math
Go HERE to Join our free Facebook group to get access to the best homeschool deals, tips, and ideas to make this the best year ever! Disclosure: We use affiliate links. If you make a purchase with our links, we may receive a small profit, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your loyalty. Your support helps us maintain the site.