Homeschooling with Dyslexia
Lapbooking is a terrific tool for homeschooling kids with dyslexia, or anyone who is looking for a creative and effective learning method. One of the best parts about lapbooking, is that it is flexible and can cover any topic. You are only limited by your imagination . . . and if you are lacking in the imagination department, have no fear. The process of lapbooking is so simple, that anyone can do it!
Benefits of Lapbooking
There are many benefits of lapbooking, but some of my favorite benefits are listed below:
- Creativity is an important element of learning & lapbooking provides it.
- It teaches kids to pull out the most important information, which is a critical note-taking skill that will serve them well in higher education.
- It is extremely flexible – use folders or binder pages to store mini-booklets full of pertinent information.
- For kids who struggle with reading and writing (like those with dyslexia) it breaks information down into bite-size pieces so they are not overwhelmed with too much at once.
- Use lapbooking to cover any topic and delve into it as much or as little as you like.
- You can purchase lapbooks that cover curriculum from your favorite companies, or create your own by researching information, printing pictures and creating mini-booklets.
I love the drawing and art work I can do in the lapbooks. I like cutting out the pieces. I like doing just a little writing for practice but not too much. ~ Spencer B. (learning with dyslexia)
With homeschooling, we have the freedom to work with our children on targeted needs, to use their gifts and skills to help overcome any challenges. Take advantage of the creative gifts which most kids with dyslexia possess. Give lapbooking a try in your family homeschool!
Right now – you can get 50% off all download lapbooks from our friends at A Journey Through Learning.
Another creative and hands on learning resource is our Wildlife Adventures Unit Studies and creative learning tools. See the store HERE.
Need some simple and FREE resources for Dyslexia? Download our printable worksheets that use artwork to help kids with dyslexia learn. You will be added to our mailing list. We do not share your email with others or spam your mailbox. We do send exclusive freebies and valuable information for your homeschool family.
Get 6 complete sets of specialty dyslexia worksheets
Enter your email below to be directed immediately to the download page.
Go HERE to Join our free Facebook group to get access to the best homeschool deals, tips, and ideas to make this the best year ever! Disclosure: We use affiliate links. If you make a purchase with our links, we may receive a small profit, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your loyalty. Your support helps us maintain the site.