Easy Peasy Delicious Homemade Bread recipe is perfect for the holidays. It’s so simple, the kids can do it & it has a crisp crust with a moist center – just the way I like it!
Easy Peasy Homemade Bread
This is one of the most simple, delicious homemade bread recipes ever!
- 3 cups non-bleached (or whole grain, or 1/2 spelt mixed with regular) flour
- 2 tsp oil (coconut, olive, or canola oil)
- 2 tsp active dry yeast
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 Tbs dry milk
- 1 cup warm water
- Mix 3 cups non-bleached (whole grain if possible) flour in bowl with 2 tsp oil.
- Add 2 tsp active dry yeast and 2 spoons of honey, 1.5 tsp salt and 3 tbs dry milk.
- Add 1 cup warm water, roll in ball and place in greased bowl covered with dish towel.
- Let it rise for 30 min to 1 hour.
- Punch down and lay out on greased/ floured counter to knead 5 – 10 times.
- Place in greased bread pan, cover with dish towel on top of stove to rise for 15 minutes.
- Cook in 300 oven- 16 min or until desired crust color is reached. Brush with melted button on top – optional – but really – really – super – good!
The total prep time (working) is about 10 minutes tops, and then another 40 – 60 minutes of time for the bread to rise.
I hope you will enjoy this easy peasy homemade bread recipe with the crisp crust and the moist center – it is “melt in your mouth” – delicious!
*For an extra healthy twist to this recipe, I grind spelt berries for my flour – I haven’t tried it with Gluten Free substitute, but I believe it would work well with most any flour type substitute. Please let me know if you try it!
FREE Printable & Bonus
If you wish to print this recipe – simply enter your name & email (current subscribers will not be duplicated, you will go directly to the download page instead) We never share your information & we will not overwhelm you with email.
As a bonus – you will receive additional FREE recipe printables, including Nanny’s Homegrown Crockpot Soup and other delicious options!
Go HERE to Join our free Facebook group to get access to the best homeschool deals, tips, and ideas to make this the best year ever! Disclosure: We use affiliate links. If you make a purchase with our links, we may receive a small profit, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your loyalty. Your support helps us maintain the site.