Easy Peasy Delicious Homemade Bread recipe is perfect for the holidays. It’s so simple, the kids can do it & it has a crisp crust with a moist center – just the way I like it!
Easy Peasy Homemade Bread
- 3 cups non-bleached (or whole grain, or 1/2 spelt mixed with regular) flour
- 2 tsp oil (coconut, olive, or canola oil)
- 2 tsp active dry yeast
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 Tbs dry milk
- 1 cup warm water
- Mix 3 cups non-bleached (whole grain if possible) flour in bowl with 2 tsp oil + 2 tsp active dry yeast + 2 tsp honey + 1 1/2 tsp salt + 3 tbs dry milk – 1 cup warm water- roll in ball and place in greased bowl covered with towel to rise for 30 min – 1 hour
- Punch down & lay out on greased/ floured counter to knead 5 – 10 times.
- Place in greased bread pan, covered on top of stove to rise for 15 minutes
- Cook in 300 oven- 16 min or desired crust color is reached.